What does warranty cover?
The warranty period begins on the date the
vehicle is first delivered or put into use ( in-service date ).
Basic Coverage period :
Toyota warrants that it will either repair or replace any part of the new Toyota vehicle that is defective in material or workmanship under normal use except those items listed under “What is not covered” for a period of 36 months or 100000 kilometers, Whichever comes first.
Warranty coverage is fully transferable to subsequent vehicle owner
the following items specified below are covered for periods other than the basic Coverage
The original equipment battery warranty coverage is for 36 months or 100000 kilometers, whichever comes first.
During the first 24 months of service (up to 100000 km), a defective original equipment battery will be replaced free of charge.
Should the battery fail after 24 months of service, But before the 37 month of service ( up to 100000 km), It will be replaced under warranty at a 50% charge to the customer
Tires are warranted under a separate warranty provided by the tire manufacturer.
Any type of damage ( including but not limited to mechanical and electrical), or surface corrosion from the environment such as acid rain, airborne fall-out (Chemicals, Tree sap, etc.), Salt, hail, windstorms, lightening, flood.
What is not covered?
Factors beyond the Manufacturer’s Control:
- Repairs and adjustments required as a result of misuse (e.g., Racing, overloading), negligence, modification, alteration, tampering, disconnection, Improper adjustments or repairs, accidents and use of add-on parts/material are not covered.
- Repairs included in periodic maintenance which are listed under consumable parts like for example (wheel alignment & wheel balancing, replace filters, spark plugs, fuses, check & replace brake parts like pads or discs, clutch kit, cleaning fuel system or cooling system), Also extra expenses such as phone calls, loss of time, providing a substitute vehicle, Inconvenience or commercial loss will not be covered.
- Failure of a vehicle on which the odometer mileage has been altered or changed so that the vehicle mileage cannot be readily ascertained .
What are owner’s responsibilities to have efficient warranty coverage ?
- Owner should activate warranty through registering the required data by calling 16550.
- Keep doing regular services at their specified intervals to avoid sudden failure.
- Keep service history record to supply it when needed.
- In case of emergency he should visit the nearest Toyota Egypt branch or any of authorized dealers to get his vehicle inspected & fixed.