If there is an ABS malfunction, the ABS warning light comes on in combination with the brake warning light.
Refill AdBlue® tank or AdBlue® system malfunction.
AdBlue® system malfunction or not filled with standard AdBlue®.
No engine restart possible —not enough AdBlue® or AdBlue® system malfunction.
Airbag or belt tensioning system faulty or passenger airbags deactivated.
Charging system failure.
Have the system checked immediately by a Volkswagen authorized dealer or service facility.
One or more brake lights burned out.
Check brake pad.
• Solid: Bulb failure
• Flashing: Headlamp leveling or AFS defective
Stop! Check coolant level. See owner’s manual (3x audible warning).
• Solid: Diesel engine pre-glow system is switched on
• Flashing: Malfunction in the diesel engine
Daytime running lights on.
Stop! Do not continue driving (allow the transmission to cool with the gear shifter in park position).
Parking brake error. See owner’s manual.
Engine emission malfunction—bring in for service.
Engine malfunction—bring in for service.
• Solid: ESP/ASR inactive
• Flashing: ESP/ASR event
Filter blocked with soot. See owner’s manual.
Fuel cap off or missing.
Stop! Engine hood is open or not closed properly.
• Yellow: Hybrid system malfunction (See an authorized Volkswagen dealer or service facility)
• Red: Stop the vehicle in a safe place as soon as possible
Incorrect Key. Key not adapted to vehicle.
One or more license plate lights burned out.
Please refuel (1x audible warning).
Stop—no oil pressure, turn engine OFF. See owner’s manual (3x audible warning).
• Check oil level
• Oil sensor—bring in for service
• Parking brake is applied
• ABS malfunction (ABS light on, too)
• Low brake fluid
If ABS malfunction, see owner’s manual. If low brake fluid, stop! (1x audible warning).
Switch the ignition off and on again, if the light stays on, contact an authorized Volkswagen dealer or service facility.
Brake must be applied to shift vehicle into gear.
Stop the vehicle and do not continue to drive (3x audible warning).
• Yellow Solid: Power steering assist reduced
• Yellow Flashing: Malfunction in the electronic steering column lock
• Red Solid: Power steering assist failure
• Red Flashing: Malfunction in the electronic steering column lockm‐1x audible warning
Tire pressure low or system failure (1x audible warning).
Fill with washer fluid (1x audible warning).